Sunday, December 27, 2009

Tair-11A 135mm f2.8

As I mentioned in an earlier post. I bought a Tair-11A M42 mount lens on Ebay. I have seen great shots from this lens on flickr, and read plenty of great reports on it. This lens is 135mm prime, aperture is a preset adjustment and ranges from f2.8 to f22. It focuses from 1.2m to infinity and has a small built in hood.

It truely is an amazing lens. Incredibly sharp, very smooth bokeh (out of focus highlights) and is a joy to use with a lovely smooth focusing ring. Here are some shots I've taken with it since it arrived.

First a bokeh test

Then this little bird came along

And to prove how sharp this lens is - this is a 100% crop of the bird from another shot

And a technique tester shot. A panorama to get the narrow DOF effect. I'll explain this technique in a later post

No comments:

Post a Comment